Gokul's Blog

MsHTML is not GAC-ed

Leave a comment

We were trying to debug a issue where the install of a Smart Client App was throwing an error that mshtml is not GAC-ed. And we were unable to GAC-it manually as well.

on Googling, we were able to find an article which addressed this issue and resolved it.


From MS-Forums article

I’ve run across the same error.  The Interesting thing with my error, is that the “required” assembly is a referenced assembly from within a referenced library of my application.

I found this posted elsewhere, and it solved my problem:

Ok so I went to the properties page of the project…

went to the publish tab…

clicked the “Application Files…” button…

Then changed the files in question (Microsoft.mshtml.dll and stdole.dll) from “Prerequisite” to “Include”, I then republished the project and everything worked like a charm.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s